A Horse's Whisper
Saturday, January 29, 2005
 
SLEEP!!!
Ahhh. Sleep. That joyous thing I know nothing of. I woke up at like 5:45 on a saturday. A Saturday of all days, I had to be up early! How dumb is that? Sigh. Anyways, I get up, get ready and head to the High School to catch the bus that will take us to Solo and Ensemble. Well, my idiotic band director only had one bus for both of our bands. 100 plus kids, a ton of instruments, and one bus. I don't think we're gonna fit, but don't tell Him (i.e. Ianelli) that. Anyways, we all loaded onto the bus to find... what do you know... we don't fit. So Ianelli told the woodwinds to get off the bus and the brass to stay. Which is totally retarted because woodwinds perform first. All of us woodwinds stayed in the band room waiting for the bus to come back, when it finally did, we all packed on and took the trip up. The rest after that is pretty much history. We got there, waited around, warmed up, performed, waited awhile and then took the bus home. I did watch the brass section, and second woodwind group. We did pretty well. Our Concert band percussion got a 3 which is not too bad, but not great. Our first woodwind group in concert band got a2 and our second woodwind group got a 1. Our concertband brass section got a 2. So overall, our bands didn't do too bad.

After I get home, we go to Krogers, then head home. Daddy made dinner, mac and cheese, and then we watched a movie. About halfway through, I fell asleep. Go figure. And didn't wake up for a whole three hours.
Well. Now that I'm done ranting, I'm gonna go now.
Peace Out ya'll.

Comments:
The brass and percussion went because the woodwinds and percussion could not fit. The percussion went before both of us so they had to go.

But your point remains. It was a bonehead move by Mr. I.
 
Heh. Concert Percussion got a III. That's awesome. NOw you know why people do the percusssion: we aren't (or at least weren't) commited to doing well. We just did it. Hence why 8th grade perc sucked.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger